AIS is a privately held, technical services company headquartered in Reston, Virginia with offices in Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas and India. AIS employs more than 400 people and realizes more than $60 million in annual revenue.
AIS was founded in 1982 and has enjoyed steady growth under fiscally responsible management. Today the AIS client base is roughly half government and half commercial clients. We seek this balance as commercial firms are more likely to embrace innovation which fuels AIS differentiation. Government clients are becoming more innovative as they seek to reduce their costs.
AIS has opened several project offices as a means to attract and retain great people at reasonable salaries. A great deal of our business is in the mid-Atlantic area and the cost of living in this region has grown over the years. Opening offices in lower cost of living areas both on-shore and off shore has allowed AIS to reduce our project costs. It has taken many years but we have managed to become quite efficient at geographically distributed projects.
Principles That Guide Us
- AIS is a community of like-minded system and software engineers that are passionate about the latest innovations and driven to deliver transformative solutions.
- AIS seeks to share accountability and risk with our clients. AIS conducts projects with fixed scope, schedules and budgets rather than personnel staffing.
- We hold ourselves to the highest code of ethics and honesty. We conduct ourselves with a high degree of humanity and humility.
- We are patriotic and consider it an honor to serve those that serve our country.
- We seek delivery excellence in everything we do.