As designers, developers, and UX practitioners who strive to achieve business success through designing mobile experiences, we face many design challenges.
- What is the right interface solution for my project (responsive design, adaptive design, native app, etc.)?
- How do I choose the right navigation?
- What is the right layout approach for maximizing the use of the screen real estate?
- When and how should I use the various patterns/ screen elements available across mobile operating systems?
- What are the interaction and visual design considerations across device types?
- What are the best methods for prototyping and usability testing a mobile project?
Creating mobile user experiences that engages user’s forces us to rethink a lot of what we have taken for granted so far with desktop design. It is complicated in part by mobile-specific considerations that go hand in hand with small screens, wide variations in device features, constraints in usage and connectivity, and the hard-to-identify-but-ever-changing mobile context. Read More…