AIS is currently seeking Analyst Trainers/Mentors in Indianapolis, Indiana for a new development Center of Excellence for a commercial client! We're seeking Technical Analyst professionals who are passionate about systems analysis and who have the desire to train and mentor their peers! You will undergo comprehensive training through the Cloud Academy, an Azure training program, where you will obtain the knowledge and technical skills necessary for Microsoft Azure and eventually assist with training peers and mentoring Analysts!
AIS ( http://www.appliedis.com ) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus with “Cloud Services”, “Agile Business Automation”, Enterprise IT Services” and “DevOps”. But what really sets up apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Complete an extensive Azure training and mentorship program where you will obtain the skills and experience necessary to be a successful Azure Systems Analyst.
- Collaborate with other smart AIS employees and stakeholder using cutting-edge technologies to solve challenging development solutions and implement best practices.
- Capture and transform stakeholder needs, expectations, constraints, and interfaces into customer features and requirements.
- Elicit, identify, and capture functional and non-functional requirements through use case analysis.
- Derive functional and non-functional requirements from existing functional and technical specifications.
- Develop system context models, use case models, user interface storyboards, business process flow models, and domain/data models.
- Plan and facilitate requirements Joint Application Design (JAD)/Kaizen sessions.
- Use an iterative approach to complete project-based work.
- Mockup UI designs in Visio, VS.NET, or other UI prototyping tool.
- Write and maintain use case specifications and other types of requirements specifications.
- Define an appropriate set of requirements definition and management tasks and estimate the work for the tasks and backlog items, and report on work progress.
- Develop requirements management plan and work templates.
- Perform quality reviews of requirements artifacts and architecture, establish tool usage guidelines, and implement requirements management best practices and tools.
- Have demonstrated an ability to guide and mentor analysts.
Profile of Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, 9 years of software experience, and 4 years of business analyst experience.
- Experience in custom application development on the Microsoft technology platform and Microsoft Office and development tools to create innovative business solutions.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies such as Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), or IBM Rational Unified Process (RUP) or Scrum, or other mainstream methodologies with structured life cycle reviews.
- Perform mock up UI designs, report designs, use requirements definition and management tools.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Ability to develop test cases from requirements and design artifacts, and develop, execute and track test plans and test results.
- Working knowledge of UML based modeling tools.
- Experience with mainframe systems analysis.
- Have knowledge of Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integrated for SW (CMMI-SW) with focus on requirements definition and requirements management key process areas (KPAs).
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let's face it, there is always something new to learn!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.