AWS Cloud Developer
As an AWS Cloud Developer, you’ll support our federal intelligence clients as we help them migrate to cloud infrastructure. You’ll be a part of the team that implements DC/OS and DevOps best practices. You’ll provide support developing scale functionality, improving the C2S environment. Clearance is required and the ability to commute to our client in Springfield, Virginia is required.
- Work in a team with other smart AIS employees using cutting edge cloud and DevOps technologies to solve challenging problems.
- Provide support developing backend Scale functionality, improving the C2S environment, integrating new C2S capabilities, and incorporating DevOps practices.
- Develop cloud and DevOps engineering solutions unique to client needs. Typical assignments are complex and require use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Possess sufficient writing skills to prepare and generate technical reports and other documentation pertinent to the position.
- Collaborate with other members of the development team and project managers to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations while meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Largely work in an agile environment with participation in daily stand-ups/scrum with iterative development.
Profile of Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and 3 years of experience in cloud, Mesosphere DC/OS and DevOps engineering/development required.
- Experience using Amazon C2S technologies.
- Experience with Container orchestration frameworks.
- Utilize understanding of Industry Best Patterns and Practices with principles in guiding application development.
- Have an ability to thrive with considerations towards volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity
- Maintain high ethical and moral standards expected to continue holding DoD Top Secret security clearance in order to gain access to client sites and networks. Ability to obtain an SCI is preferred.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience with Cloud Computing technologies.
- Desire to blog or present and speak publicly or internally on technical topics.
- Ability to work to both onsite in Springfield, Virginia.
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Ready to Be Part of the AIS Team?
If AIS sounds like the kind of place you’d like to grow into your dream job, take the first step and click on the button below to apply.
Our application process is quick and easy:
- After applying, you’ll hear from an AIS Talent Associate via email and/or phone
- Next, one of your future peers will conduct a technical assessment to evaluate your capabilities
- Then, you’ll have an opportunity to meet our team
If your skill sets and qualifications align with our core capabilities, we’ll extend an offer for you to join our AIS Team!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.