Our Cloud Practice is seeking an Azure Infrastructure Architect to support our various commercial and federal clients! We are looking for a technical professional who is passionate about cloud technologies such as Azure, has the ability commute to various client sites nationwide including throughout the DC metro area is required. A DOD Clearance is preferred, however the ability to obtain a DOD clearance is required.
AIS ( http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects !
- Responsible for designing, building, and improving cloud environments on Azure.
- Utilize knowledge of systems and infrastructure architecture to create a strong core for application development and apply a model for delivering and acquiring IT cloud services.
- Identify, assess and solve complex business problems for cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Perform analysis and evaluation of environments to assist with provisioning cloud solutions.
- Follow strategic direction set by senior/executive leadership team.
- Collaborate with senior management and key stakeholders to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
- Responsible for providing advanced engineering support to production support teams for complex application performance and infrastructure issues.
- Assist with documentation to ensure they can be utilized and repeated for future initiatives.
- Implement AIS cloud infrastructure solution offerings based on public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid customer environments.
Profile of Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree.
- Solid infrastructure architecture background with experience in virtualization/cloud technologies including Azure (Virtual Machines, Networking, Traffic Manager, ExpressRoute, Load Balancer) and the strong desire to cross train in both Azure and AWS.
- Possess knowledge of systems infrastructure with deep domain expertise in areas such as networking, storage, high availability, cloud security, application performance, etc.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Windows, Automation Tools (Chef or Puppet), Azure Services (Compute, Networking, Storage, etc.) or similar Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (PowerShell, Ruby, Perl, or other).
- Current DOD Top Secret Clearance preferred or must have the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret security clearance to gain access to client sites and networks.
- Ability to commute throughout the entire DC metro area and potentially nationwide to work onsite with clients as needed.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Cloud related certification(s) such as Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, etc.
- Experience with DevOps/Infrastructure such as Code/Continuous Improvement.
- Experience with virtualization (VMWare) and other cloud platforms (AWS, Google Compute, etc.).
- Experience with other Azure services such as Azure Container Service, Azure Container Registry, Azure Batch, Azure Functions and Cloud Services.
- Previous supervisory or management experience.
Client Site Locations: Nationwide
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key , and something we value in our people.
Clearance and Background Check Requirement: The successful candidate must be eligible for a U.S. Government Secret/Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph.. Ability to meet AIS, customer and/or government security screening and/or badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance, customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement, and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from and let's face it, there is always something new to learn!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate by race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by the law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.