Our Managed Services Practice is seeking Azure Engineers to work with clients maintaining and troubleshooting various infrastructure and applications. The Azure Engineer is responsible for the proactive and reactive support, troubleshooting and documentation of new and existing customer base. This position is ideal for a hands-on, well rounded engineer who desires to be involved in many aspects of the IT field where you can utilize previous Azure engineering experience.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Utilize knowledge of Azure architecture to create a strong core for applications.
- Draw on at least three years of system administration experience to assist with the core infrastructure for both internal projects and external projects for our clients.
- Responsible for delivering managed services on cloud based platforms such as Azure, Office 365 and AWS, as well as on premises and hybrid/multi-cloud environments (typically virtualized with VMWare or Hyper-V).
- Collaborate with members of the project to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations.
- Use knowledge of Azure, Active Directory, Networking, DNS, LAN/WAN, IP addresses, and administration.
- Utilize consulting and documentation skills to successfully complete project-based work.
- Use knowledge of servers, PC's, and networks to ensure the environment works correctly.
- Create and maintain configuration DB, Change management and other SOP documentation.
- Be open to commuting in and around the Columbia, Maryland, Northern Virginia and/or DC Metro area to be present at client sites and AIS offices for meetings.
- Be available for extended support hours, including some shift, weekend and holiday work.
Profile of Success:
- Possess Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or three years of experience in systems engineering to design platforms to support developers.
- Utilize comprehensive knowledge of web applications, server performance and networks, to support and provide diagnostics.
- Use in-depth experience with networks, systems, and client-facing skills to create innovative business solutions.
- Desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience with Azure OMS, Application Insights and advanced monitoring tools or comparable technologies.
- Previous cloud infrastructure engineering experience with Office 365 and/or AWS is a plus.
- Prior consulting experience to understand customer expectations, client relationships and serve as a trusted advisor.
- Ability to identify new areas of opportunity for account growth to hand off to the business development team.
- Acquired Microsoft certifications, especially MCSE or Azure related certifications.
- Some project management and/or team lead experience (able to get work done through others and teach others your areas of expertise).
- Experience with disaster recovery efforts for IT.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services or other industry standard backlog management, software testing or tracking tools to facilitate requirements gathering, backlog prioritization, execute test cases for software solutions and maintain real-time status information.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance to gain access to client sites and networks is a plus.
Clearance and Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer and/or government security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance, customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination. The successful candidate must be eligible for and maintain a U.S. Government Secret/Top Secret Clearance.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental for the employee; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.