Our Cloud Practice is currently seeking an Azure Software Architect with solid Microsoft development and architecture experience using .NET and cloud technologies such as Azure! We're seeking a true Technical Consultant and Adviser who is passionate about cloud development in Azure, who can evangelize Azure and obtain user adoption. Commute to various client sites nationwide including Chevy Chase, Maryland as required however this role can be based out of our Reston, Virginia corporate headquarters.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Collaborate with other smart AIS employees, management and key stakeholders using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging cloud engineering solutions and implement cloud best practices.
- Responsible for architecting, designing, building, and improving cloud environments in Azure.
- Identify, assess and solve complex business problems to understand client pain points and to self-troubleshoot as challenges arise as provisioning enterprise cloud solutions.
- Work in an agile environment with participation in daily stand-ups/scrum.
- Maintain familiarity of Azure environments to monitor, troubleshoot and detect potential problems and mitigate risks as necessary.
- Assist with documentation to ensure they can be utilized and repeated for future initiatives.
Profile of Success:
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences, and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value.
- Ability to develop innovative technical approaches as complete solutions to business problems.
- Possess a passion for helping clients succeed in designing and developing modern applications.
- Strong analytical, deductive reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with all levels of clients and internal teams.
- Ability to consider solution impact and long-term effects of decisions/solutions.
- Previous enterprise service broker exposure (Azure Service Bus, Rabbit, etc)
- Ability to commute throughout the entire DC metro area, including Chevy Chase, Maryland to work onsite with clients as needed.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Understanding of DevOps, automation and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of GIT.
- Acquired Microsoft and/or cloud related certifications, especially MCSD, MCPD or MCSE.
- Experience with virtualization (VMWare) and other cloud platforms (AWS, Google Compute, etc.).
- Desire to blog or present internally on technical topics.
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.