Now Hiring an Azure Software Architect
Ability to Hold a Secret clearance is Required
As an Azure Software Architect, you will use cutting edge cloud technologies to power the mission of the DoD and deliver war-winning cyber and IT capabilities. Join our team of Cloud professionals and accomplish what others only dream of. Ability to hold a Secret Clearance is required along with the ability to commute to Reston, Virginia.
- Collaborate with other smart AIS employees, management and key stakeholders using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging cloud engineering solutions and implement cloud best practices
- Responsible for architecting, designing, building, and improving cloud environments in Azure
- Identify, assess and solve complex business problems to understand client pain points and to self-troubleshoot as challenges arise as provisioning enterprise cloud solutions
- Work in an agile environment with participation in daily stand-ups/scrum
- Maintain familiarity of infrastructure environments to monitor, troubleshoot and detect potential problems and mitigate risks as necessary
- Assist with documentation to ensure they can be utilized and repeated for future initiatives
- Implement AIS cloud infrastructure solution offerings based on public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid customer environments
Profile of Success:
- Current DoD Secret Clearance preferred or must have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance to gain access to client sites and networks
- Ability to commute throughout the entire DC metro area and travel nationwide occassionally to work onsite with clients as needed
- 3 years of experience as a Microsoft solutions design subject matter expert including experience in the following:
- Cloud Platform (Azure)
- Data Platform – Microsoft (On-premise & Cloud)
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences, and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
- Ability to develop innovative technical approaches as complete solutions to business problems
- A passion for helping clients succeed in designing and developing modern applications
- Strong analytical, deductive reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with all levels of clients and internal teams
- Ability to consider solution impact and long-term effects of decisions/solutions
Other Desirable Skills:
- Understanding of systems engineering and administration within a Windows environment
- Acquired Microsoft and/or cloud related certifications, especially MCSD, MCPD or MCSE
- Experience with virtualization (VMWare) and other cloud platforms (AWS, Google Compute, etc.)
- Desire to blog or present internally on technical topics
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Ready to Be Part of the AIS Team?
If AIS sounds like the kind of place you’d like to grow into your dream job, take the first step and click on the button below to apply.
Our application process is quick and easy:
- After applying, you’ll hear from an AIS Talent Associate via email and/or phone
- Next, one of your future peers will conduct a technical assessment to evaluate your capabilities
- Then, you’ll have an opportunity to meet our team
If your skill sets and qualifications align with our core capabilities, we’ll extend an offer for you to join our AIS Team!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.