Our Business Development Team is currently seeking a Business Development Executive. This is an essential role for our growth strategy that will be focused on creating and supporting capture activities on targeted accounts in either the public sector or commercial sector. The team of Business Development Executives, along with Account and Practice Managers support AIS’ efforts to establish and review target accounts, create account plans, and execute on the plan by performing capture activities. The Business Development Executive works to target and build relationships in new accounts, understanding their business challenges, procurement strategies, and identifying leads. The Business Development Executive is a key position and supports the entire sales lifecycle, in particular, focused on pre-RFP account penetration.
Building Relationships for Wins! The Business Development Executive works to target and build relationships in new accounts, understanding their business challenges, procurement strategies, and identifying leads. The Business Development Executive is a key position and supports the entire sales lifecycle, in particular, focused on pre-RFP account penetration.
Below is a summary of the role and responsibilities:
- Identify target organizations that are new accounts to AIS, researching each selected target, and creating account plans including competitor profiles, SWOT analysis, call lists and relationship maps, and business partner rosters for outreach
- Establish relationships and scheduling meeting with the targeted account influencers
- Hold regular meetings with targeted account’s executives, managers, and partners to identify leads
- Qualify leads from external sources that are within the targeted accounts
- Help the AIS marketing team define marketing campaigns to hit targeted accounts; participate in campaign execution
- Attend industry days and industry events to network and promote AIS as a prime and/or teaming partner
- Through research and networking, identify Influencers and provide support in determining the budget and solution for the business need
- Document and maintain Leads in the pipeline report and attend pipeline meetings
- Support the Federal Proposal Team with responses to RFI, RFP, RFQ and other official responses with an emphasis on win themes, pricing, and other strategic input
Profile of Successful Candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree with 7 to 9 years of professional experience in marketing, inside sales and outside sales
- Experienced with targeting accounts, building and executing account plans
- Professional networker that is skillful in establishing rapport and building relationships
- Strong analysis, reasoning and communication skills
- Experience selling in the IT Services industry, specially, either the public or commercial sector market
- Commuting and travel required
- Required attendance at all pipeline reviews, sales team meetings and all bid/no bid meetings
- Attendance at AIS departmental town halls
- Attend appropriate marketing and sales networking events
* Commuting and travel required
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental for the employee; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.