AIS is currently seeking a Capture/Proposal Analyst to join our corporate headquarters in Reston, Virginia! The ideal candidate will work directly with our business development team and business operations and provide “hands on” professional experience by facilitating the bids and proposal processes, capture analysis of Federal opportunities, and process improvement initiatives to help drive revenue growth.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience“. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Work closely with the federal business development team and deliver key areas of both the capture and proposal process.
- Assist the federal business development team with complex pre-proposal planning through the development of customer intelligence gathering, competitor analysis, and win strategies.
- Research, analyze, and gather data for GSA proposal activities related to contracts and potential opportunities for the practice.
- Support Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP) by drafting, proofreading, and formatting proposals.
- Lead proposal and client tasks such as writing formal bids, briefings, customer marketing resources, and various tasks as needed.
- Coordinate and moderate team meetings including logistics, formulating agendas, taking and distributing minutes, managing project deadlines, and ensuring action items are executed.
- Maintain and edit SharePoint sites to include organizing information, adding/deleting members, creating libraries, uploading content, and creating collaborative sites between practices and projects.
- Develop and catalog PowerPoint presentations used in briefings per branding guidelines and reuse.
Profile of Success:
- Utilize BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience combined with 3-5 years of experience in a role that requires writing and/or communications strategy.
- Extensive experience with SharePoint and MS Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated business development team.
- Prior experience with proposal development and SharePoint content management usage.
- Understanding of Scrum, project management, CMMI and quality management.
Other Desirable Skills:
- General understanding of Shipley process highly preferred.
- Prior experience working in a government contracting environment.
- Prior experience with leading formal proposals.
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.