AIS is currently seeking a Change Manager in Reston, Virginia to support various client projects and initiatives. We’re seeking someone who is passionate about helping people adopt new technology and adapt to organizational and system changes.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters, so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Focus on the people side of change, applying best practices in change management and user adoption to optimize the business value of technical solutions.
- Create and deliver strategies and plans to help client organizations manage change, including stakeholder assessments, communications, change readiness, enabling leaders and change agents to support changes efficiently, and end-user training.
- Provide guidance and support to leaders and change agents to help them efficiently support change.
- Provide guidance and support to supervisors as they help their direct reports transition during the change.
- Develop goals and KPIs related to the change and monitor progress.
- Lead/facilitate client meetings.
- Facilitate change management activities with cross-functional project team members and client stakeholders to understand and ensure adoption.
- Contribute to team goals and help those around you solve problems.
- Promote change management and user adoption.
Profile of Success:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Social Sciences, Communications, Education, Information Technology, Business, or related.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to rapidly build rapport.
- Familiarity with best practices in organizational change management (e.g., Prosci’s ADKAR® model for individual change).
- Demonstrate success leading/facilitating/implementing change initiatives related to business processes and technology.
- Demonstrate success influencing stakeholders through written and oral communication.
- Ability to anticipate and articulate risks related to change management and user adoption.
- Ability to facilitate discussions with stakeholders to ensure clarity, prioritization, and consensus.
- Ability to work with different points-of-view, while always keeping the project objectives in sight.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to work with diverse team members, often remotely or at different locations.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Poise, professionalism and ability for discretion.
- Ability for limited travel to client sites if needed for the project.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Change management
- Microsoft Services Adoption Specialist
Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401K match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; flexible schedule dependent on the project, company events and a really fun holiday are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let's face it, there's always something new to learn. * If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.