Now Hiring a Cloud Application Support Technician
As a Cloud Application Support Technician, you will have the ability to contribute to the growth of our team by helping enterprise organizations use cutting edge technologies. Must be able to have the ability to commute to Chevy Chase, Maryland.
- Monitor dashboards for several critical and massively large scale cloud applications for performance metrics such as CPU load, memory utilization, errors, etc.
- Respond to alerts triggered by automated systems by performing basic functional checks, reviewing dashboard for application triggering alerts, reaching SMEs and opening incident calls.
- Participates in ongoing delivery (operations) of DevOps services to customers and demonstrates advanced understanding of related technologies, such as:
- Monitoring/Alerting (DynaTrace, SolarWinds, OMS, AppInsights, etc.)
- Patching (OMS Update Mgmt., SolarWinds, etc.)
- Backups/Restores (ASR, Azure Backup, Third-party)
- Security (OMS Security + Auditing)
- Ability to problem-solve by troubleshooting to determine the nature of the problem and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Interact with clients, other members of the team and project managers in a positive manner to deliver on-time and above standard solutions for our clients.
- Use knowledge of network support, servers, applications and systems to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Enter all pertinent information into the database and document the solution or status of the incident call to comprehensively follow through on all issues.
- Have a strong desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth.
- Be an effective communicator in both written and verbal modes to clearly describe current application health, incident support status, application troubleshooting steps, and shift transition hand off.
Profile of Success
- Over two years of experience in Information Technology with over one year in a help-desk or technical support environment to support technical solutions.
- Awareness of maintenance tasks related to supporting Azure application constructs useful in building custom applications such as Web Apps, Logic Apps, Azure Functions and other Azure PaaS services.
- Utilize comprehensive knowledge of web applications, server performance, and networks, to support and provide diagnostics.
- Proven capability in writing complex queries (chart/stats/joins) by using tools such as Splunk, App Insights, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft cloud Azure and scripting languages such as PowerShell.
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Ready to Be Part of the AIS Team?
If AIS sounds like the kind of place you’d like to grow into your dream job, take the first step and click on the button below to apply.
Our application process is quick and easy:
- After applying, you’ll hear from an AIS Talent Associate via email and/or phone
- Next, one of your future peers will conduct a technical assessment to evaluate your capabilities
- Then, you’ll have an opportunity to meet our team
If your skill sets and qualifications align with our core capabilities, we’ll extend an offer for you to join our AIS Team!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.