AIS is seeking a Data Architect in Austin, TX to support a new federal client. We're seeking a technical professional who is passionate about Azure Data & Storage, Analytics and IoT tools! Ideally, the Data Architect would possess an active DOD Security Clearance and be open to occasional travel to Washington, DC. This is an excellent opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies for exciting projects in the analytics community and a great opportunity to work with other BI & Big Data professionals while learning from some of the top technologists in the cloud and data space.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Work in a team with other smart AIS employees using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems.
- Utilize experience working with Azure Data & Storage, Azure Analytics and Azure IoT tools, as well as the traditional Microsoft BI stack.
Profile of Success:
- Utilize Bachelor's degree in related field and six years of experience.
- Proven experience developing Big Data solutions in the Azure space.
- Extensive experience with the Azure suite (Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Data Lake Analytics, HDInsight, Machine Learning and Stream Analytics).
- SQL Server 2014/2016 experience.
- Experience using Spark, Hive, Pig, Scala, etc.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Full Stack (SSAS/SSIS/SSRS).
- Deep knowledge of Data Warehousing and ETL/ELT.
- Proven ability to work with clients to understand requirements and to envision solutions.
- Possess DoD 8570 security certification.
- Maintain a DoD security clearance to gain access to client sites and networks.
- Open to occasional nationwide travel to work onsite with clients as needed.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Previous exposure with Data Science tools such as R, Python, SAS is a plus.
- Holds a DoD Security clearance to gain access to customer networks and sites.
- Microsoft related certifications such as the MCSD/MCSE.
- Experience with Tableau.
- Experience working with Hadoop ecosystem.
Client Site Locations: Austin, Texas and DC Metro Area
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
Clearance and Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer and/or government security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance, customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination. The successful candidate must be eligible for and maintain a U.S. Government Secret/Top Secret Clearance.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let's face it, there is always something new to learn!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.