Now Hiring a Data Engineer
Ability to Hold a Secret Clearance is Required
As a Data Engineer, you will use cutting edge cloud and data technologies to power the mission of the DoD and deliver war-winning cyber and IT capabilities. Join our team of Data and Cloud professionals and accomplish what others only dream of. A Secret Clearance is required along with the ability to commute to Austin, Texas.
- In this tip of the spear work, you’ll apply your skills in Azure Cognitive Services, Azure PaaS, data science, data analytics, and data warehousing to pioneer Azure cloud and data services within the DoD, bringing Azure Data Factory to IL4 & IL5. This rewarding work benefits our DoD customer, which ultimately benefits our nation.
- Work in a team with other smart AIS employees and use cutting edge technologies to solve challenging enterprise problems
- Use experience working with Azure Data & Storage, Azure Analytics & Azure IoT tools, as well as the traditional Microsoft BI stack
Profile of Success
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field and four years of experience
- Proven experience developing Big Data solutions in the Azure space
- Extensive experience with the Azure suite (Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Data Lake Analytics, HDInsight, Machine Learning, and Stream Analytics)
- SQL Server 2014/2016 experience
- Experience using Spark, Hive, Pig, and Scala
- Comfortable with Microsoft Full Stack (SSAS/SSIS/SSRS)
- In-depth knowledge of Data Warehousing and ETL/ELT
- Proven ability to work with clients to understand requirements and to envision solutions
- Possess DoD 8570 security certification
Other Desirable Skills
- Background with Data Science tools such as R, Python, and SAS is a plus
- Microsoft related certifications such as the MCSD/MCSE
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience working with Hadoop ecosystem
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Ready to Be Part of the AIS Team?
If AIS sounds like the kind of place you’d like to grow into your dream job, take the first step and click on the button below to apply.
Our application process is quick and easy:
- After applying, you’ll hear from an AIS Talent Associate via email and/or phone
- Next, one of your future peers will conduct a technical assessment to evaluate your capabilities
- Then, you’ll have an opportunity to meet our team
If your skill sets and qualifications align with our core capabilities, we’ll extend an offer for you to join our AIS Team!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.