AIS is seeking a Database Developer to support our commercial clients! We're seeking technical professionals, who are passionate about cloud technologies and can provide cloud solutions for our customers to solve their business problems and technical challenges. This individual will be required to commute to our client sites throughout the DC metro area, including Rockville, MD.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Work in a team with other smart AIS employees using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems.
- Utilize previous experience in SQL Server or Azure SQL, TSQL, and Azure Storage and data modeling technologies such as OLTP data stores and OLAP datastores.
Profile of Success:
- Previous experience developing and working within the Azure Cloud Platform or relatable Cloud Platform.
- Expertise working with data pipeline tools such as SSIS or Azure Data Factory for orchestrating and controlling data flows.
- SQL Server 2014/2016 experience.
- Experience using C# with data access layer.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Full Stack (SSAS/SSIS/SSRS).
- Proven ability to work with clients to understand requirements and to envision solutions.
- Ability to commute throughout the entire DC metro area with occasional nationwide travel to work onsite with clients as needed.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Previously worked with XSD and XSLT
- Implemented real-time data streaming pipelines
- Optimized ETL processes (e.g. partitioning)
- Worked with Change Tracking features of SQL Server or Azure SQL
- Exposure with Azure Data Lakes, Azure Data Lake Analytics, and/or Azure Databricks
- Experience transforming data in the cloud via Databricks or Spark
- Experience with Big Data Architectures, Batch Processing, and Lambda Architectures
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let's face it, there is always something new to learn!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.