Now Hiring a Databricks Engineer
As a Databricks Engineer, you will use cutting edge cloud and data technologies to deliver exciting IT & data driven capabilities. In this tip of the spear work, you’ll apply your skills in Azure PaaS, data science, data analytics, and data warehousing to pioneer Azure cloud and data services with our customers, bringing Azure Data Factory to IL4 & IL5. Join our team of data and cloud professionals and accomplish what others only dream of.
“As an Azure Consultant, I've enjoyed the opportunities to work with new and different technology stacks across multiple AIS projects. There are not many places where you can work on Azure Databricks, DevOps enhancements, and web apps in the same week. It's very rewarding to be able to keep up to date and work on the leading edge of technology.”
– Maxwell Bloch, Azure Consultant
- Work in a team using Azure Databricks analytic platform to solve challenging business problems and build solutions
- Successfully utilize Azure SQL, TSQL, Azure storage, and data modeling experience to assist customers with migrating to a modern data warehouse Interact directly with our client(s) to understand their needs and meet, or exceed their expectations
- Work in an agile environment with participation in daily stand-ups/scrum
- Design, write, test, troubleshoot, and document application code
- Provide mentoring to junior Software Engineers
- Learn new technologies and be aware of industry standards, best practices, and trends
Profile of Success
- Bachelor's degree in related field and six years of experience
- Deep knowledge of data ingestion strategies and understanding of the V-dimensions of data (velocity, volume, variety, veracity)
- Extensive experience with the Azure storage technologies (Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure SQL Database)
- Extensive experience with Azure data movement and transformation capabilities (Azure Data Factory, Data Lake Analytics, Databricks, Stream Analytics)
- Strong experience using Python development
- Experience with Big Data Architectures, Batch Processing, and Lambda architectures
- SQL Server 2014+ experience
- Comfortable with Microsoft SQL data technologies (SSAS/SSIS/SSRS)
- Experience performing data wrangling operations to support downstream analysis workloads
- Experience working with data pipeline tools for orchestrating and controlling data flows
- Proven ability to work with clients to understand requirements and envision data ingestion solutions
- Must be able to commute to customer site 1-2 times per week in Linthicum Heights, Maryland
- Microsoft related certifications such as the MCSD/MCSE
- Experience with Hadoop-based technologies (HDInsight, Spark, Hive, Pig, Scala, etc.)
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience developing TSQL queries to perform ETL/ELT workloads, data filtering and aggregation
- Experience handling ETL failures stemming from incompatible data sets, rows, or service interruption by designing for fault tolerance – detecting, skipping, and logging of incompatible data
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Ready to Be Part of the AIS Team?
If AIS sounds like the kind of place you’d like to grow into your dream job, take the first step and click on the button below to apply.
Our application process is quick and easy:
- After applying, you’ll hear from an AIS Talent Associate via email and/or phone
- Next, one of your future peers will conduct a technical assessment to evaluate your capabilities
- Then, you’ll have an opportunity to meet our team
If your skill sets and qualifications align with our core capabilities, we’ll extend an offer for you to join our AIS Team!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.