AIS is currently seeking a Technical Engagement Manager to join our growing firm in either our Columbia, MD or Reston, VA office! We're seeking a professional who is passionate about software processes, and able to assist with design and development of custom applications on the Microsoft stack. An Active DoD Secret Clearance is required.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters, so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Ability to understand the contract, to include its scope, requirements, and service level agreements.
- Ability to track all project deliverables and to ensure documented receipt and acceptance of those deliverables by the customer.
- Create and manage spend plans to ensure work is completed on time and on budget, while maintaining agreed-upon profit margins.
- Periodically review risks and spend plans with the Account Executive, as necessary.
- Maintain situational awareness of day-to-day activities on the ground and serving as the first escalation point for the client within AIS.
- Identify opportunities and collaborate with the Account Executive to generate leads and create SOWs/proposals to close opportunities.
- Ability to serve the client with integrity, thoroughly prepare before any interaction with a client, and recognize the need to work around client’s schedules.
- Experience with supporting and growing the skills and capabilities of delivery staff members and overcome delivery challenges, forming relationships with customers and delighting customers.
- Ability to exceed client expectations and reduce or eliminate surprises by enacting sound program management that ensures that problems are never repetitively incurred.
Profile of Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in running a custom application development engagement on the Microsoft technology platform, knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, and Project to create innovative business solutions.
- Use an iterative approach to complete project-based work.
- Experience with managing contract details, including estimating, scheduling, budgeting, profitability, issue resolution, and authoring proposals/statements of work.
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
Clearance and Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer and/or government security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance, customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination. The successful candidate must be eligible for and maintain a U.S. Government Secret/Top Secret Clearance.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.