Now Hiring for a Federal Business Development Executive:
We have the technical talent to do big things, and we prove it to our clients every day with the solutions we build. We’re bringing this same winning attitude to grow our business with the Department of Energy (DoE), and we are looking to hire a Federal Business Development Executive to focus on account penetration.
This role is integral to our growth strategy in the federal sector. We want to hire someone that understands the value in building relationships and trust, to do proper capture and ultimately win the business. As a member of our Business Development team, you’ll partner with our Account and Practice Managers to establish and review target accounts, create account plans, and execute on the plan through capture activities.
Bring your drive and “love to close” attitude to build relationships in new accounts, dive into understanding business challenges and procurement strategies, and identify and close opportunities. This position is key to our success at the DoE, and you’ll support the entire sales lifecycle with a focus on pre-RFP account penetration.
- Identify targets within the DoE, create account plans including competitor profiles, SWOT analysis, call lists, and relationship maps, and business partner rosters for outreach
- Establish relationships and schedule meetings with DoE account influencers
- Hold regular meetings with targeted account’s executives, managers, and partners to identify leads
- Qualify leads from external sources that are within the targeted accounts
- Partner with the AIS Marketing team to define marketing campaigns to hit targeted accounts; participate in campaign execution
- Attend federal industry days and public sector industry events to network and promote AIS as a prime and/or teaming partner
- Through research and networking, identify Influencers and provide support to determine the budget and solution for the business need
- Document and maintain Leads in the pipeline report and attend pipeline meetings
As a Federal Business Development Executive, You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree with 7 to 9 years of professional experience in marketing and selling within the DoE
- Experience targeting accounts, building and executing account plans
- The ability to skillfully navigate and network within an account, quickly establish rapport with stakeholders and targets and effectively build relationships
- Strong analysis, reasoning and communication skills
- Experience selling in the IT Services industry
- Required attendance at all pipeline reviews, sales team meetings, and all bid/no bid meetings
- Attendance at AIS departmental town halls
- Attend appropriate marketing and sales networking events
*Commuting and travel required
Background Check Requirement: Must pass security screening/badging requirements for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate customer screening, badging and/or background check conditions may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination.
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reaching their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to leverage transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the most significant technology challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
• Smart people with a consultancy mindset
• A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
• Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
• Client Success
• Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
• Strong Client Relationships
• Citizenship and Community