AIS is currently seeking a Front Desk Receptionist to provide administrative support in our Corporate Headquarters in Reston, Virginia!
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters, so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
The Administrative Support Receptionist will:
- Be responsible for opening and closing the corporate office each day.
- Monitor the front desk including greeting, signing-in, and assisting visitors; receive deliveries, validate parking, etc.
- Receive and direct incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain and restock reception area, supply rooms, conference rooms, employee lounge and kitchens.
- Provide considerable assistance with travel arrangements, catering requests, event setup, ordering gifts and swag, making copies, filing, etc.
- Respond to employee requests, including those from our satellite offices (in MD, TX, OH, NC, etc.)
- Report maintenance issues and service requests to the landlord.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and professional appearance of facility
- Perform other duties and projects as requested and assigned.
Profile of Success:
- 1-year administrative support or front desk experience, preferably with a technology company.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong, demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and ability to navigate the internet for research projects.
- Aptitude to quickly learn new skills.
- Experience successfully working in a team environment.
- Have own transportation to run occasional errands and located within 10 miles of our Reston office, a plus
- Must have the ability to work 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.