AIS is currently seeking a Front Office Manager to join our corporate headquarters in Reston, Virginia! As the Front Office Manager in our corporate headquarters you will be instrumental in making that first impression to our AIS visitors, serving as a gatekeeper as well as our employee concierge!
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters, so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, and inventory control.
- Ability to handle a variety of administrative and executive support related tasks by working independently with little or no supervision.
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored.
- Perform travel arrangements for employees.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord.
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events.
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office.
- Serve as the main point of contact for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands.
Profile of Success:
- 5 years of office management experience, preferably with a mid-size and/or technology company.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Energetic individual, who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat Pro and ability to navigate the internet for research projects.
- Coordinate with HR, Security, Talent Team, Accounting, and IT departments as appropriate and necessary.
- Must have own transportation and have the ability to commute daily to our Reston office and work 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience.
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
- Ability to organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by the law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.