Now Hiring an Infrastructure Security Engineer
Ability to Hold a Secret Clearance is required
As an Infrastructure Security Engineer, you will use cutting edge cloud and data technologies to power the mission of the DoD and deliver war-winning cyber and IT capabilities. Join our team of Security and Cloud professionals and accomplish what others only dream of. Ability to hold a Secret Clearance is required along with the ability to commute to Reston, Virginia.
- The ideal candidate will draw on previous system administration experience to assist with the core infrastructure for both internal projects and external projects for our clients
- Collaborate with members of the development team and project managers to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations
- Use knowledge of Directory Services, Windows and Linux Operating Systems, Relational Databases, E-mail, DNS, LAN/WAN Networking, and administration, configuration, and installation of security tools to complete a variety of projects
- Utilize consulting and documentation skills to successfully complete project-based work
- Utilize basic knowledge of Scripting PowerShell, Bash, and Python
- Assist with documentation to ensure they can be continued into the future
- Maintain a DoD Secret security clearance in order to gain access to client sites and networks
- Be open to commuting in and around the DC Metro area in order to be present at client sites for work
Profile of Success
- Utilize Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology/Security
- 3 – 5 years of experience in systems/security engineering to design platforms to support developers is ideal but a degree and desire to learn may serve as a substitute for the right candidate
- Obtain a DoD 8570 IAT II Certification
- Current CompTIA Security+ CE or GSEC Certification preferred or the ability to obtain CompTIA Security+ CE or GSEC Certification within 30 days of employment required
- Use knowledge of servers, PC's, and networks to ensure the environment is secure/hardened
- Utilize professional knowledge of running ACAS scans and reports (Tenable Security Center and Nessus) and installing, configuring, and generating reports from the DISA SCAP Tool
- Utilize knowledge on DISA STIGs and in-depth experience with networks, systems, and client-facing skills to create innovative business solutions
- The desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth
Other Desirable Skills
- Basic knowledge of Bash Shell Scripting and desired State Configurations (Windows and Linux)
- Previous DoD Security Background
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Ready to Be Part of the AIS Team?
If AIS sounds like the kind of place you’d like to grow into your dream job, take the first step and click on the button below to apply.
Our application process is quick and easy:
- After applying, you’ll hear from an AIS Talent Associate via email and/or phone
- Next, one of your future peers will conduct a technical assessment to evaluate your capabilities
- Then, you’ll have an opportunity to meet our team
If your skill sets and qualifications align with our core capabilities, we’ll extend an offer for you to join our AIS Team!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.