AIS 2019-07-20 Washington DC
Now Hiring a Junior Project Manager. DoD Interim Secret clearance is required.
AIS is currently seeking a Junior Project Manager to support a Federal client! We're seeking a professional who is passionate about providing project support as a full-time consultant. An Interim DoD Secret Clearance is required along with the ability to commute to Alexandria, Virginia.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Ability to manage projects assigned by Project Managers and regularly reports progress and status on assigned projects and tasks
- Develop project plans, as requested, soliciting input from the team on the plan and project design
- Assist in establishing responsibility for assigned project/s tasks/milestones
- Assist in establishing clear decision-making and communication processes; monitor project progress
- Participates in analyzing and resolving problems associated with technical issues, project resource issues, and project integration issues
- Assist in identifying resource needs for the project (roles, expectations, and goals with identified team members from the functional areas)
- Communicate effectively across the team and interface with clients as appropriate
- Understand and communicates the inter-dependencies of various systems/products to client and team, as directed
- Assist in implementing change requests
- Proactively assist in continuous process improvement and problem resolution
- Develop list of activities and schedules with a strong attention to detail
- Effectively communicate with senior level/VIP customers
- Works with Project Managers and team to strategically develop the program for the future (technology, strategy, processes)
Profile of Success
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 3 plus year of IT support experience
- Strong attention to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Approaches tasks, team and client with a professional, positive, can-do attitude
- Solid, positive experiences with client, other vendors and internal/external team members
- Easily cognizant of business interactions between project level details and program strategy in order to be a proactive contributor to both
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard project management methodologies, as well as business transformation and project best practices
- Ability to follow direction and carry out tasks independently
- Strong analysis and creative problem-solving skills
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with team building and trust building skills
- Ability to interpret communication and comments as possible follow up actions
- Ability to maintain an active DoD security clearance and work on-site in Alexandria, VA
Other Desirable Skills
- IT Technical Background with experience in Tier I & II support
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to the community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Ready to Be Part of the AIS Team?
If AIS sounds like the kind of place you’d like to grow into your dream job, take the first step and click on the button below to apply.
Our application process is quick and easy:
- After applying, you’ll hear from an AIS Talent Associate via email and/or phone
- Next, one of your future peers will conduct a technical assessment to evaluate your capabilities
- Then, you’ll have an opportunity to meet our team
If your skill sets and qualifications align with our core capabilities, we’ll extend an offer for you to join our AIS Team!