AIS is currently seeking a Junior Security Engineer to support our clients! We're seeking a technical professional who is passionate about providing cyber security support as a full-time consultant. The ability to obtain a DOD Clearance is required along with the ability to commute to various client sites throughout the DC metro area including Alexandria and the ability to obtain a CompTIA Security+ Certification.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- The ideal candidate will draw on previous system administration exposure to assist with the core infrastructure for both internal projects and external projects for our clients.
- Collaborate with members of the development team and project managers to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations.
- Use knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, LAN/WAN, IP addresses, and administration to complete a variety of projects.
- Utilize consulting and documentation skills to successfully complete project-based work.
- Utilize basic knowledge of PowerShell Scripting.
- Assist with documentation to ensure they can be continued into the future.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance in order to gain access to client sites and networks.
- Be open to commuting in and around the DC Metro area in order to be present at client sites for work.
Profile of Success:
- Utilize Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology/Security
- Possess 1 – 2 years of experience in systems administration and/or security to design platforms to support developers is ideal but a desire to learn may serve as a substitute for the right candidate.
- Use knowledge of servers, PC's, and networks to ensure the environment works correctly.
- The desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Current CompTIA Security+ Certification preferred or the ability to obtain CompTIA Security+ Certification within 30 days of employment required.
- Desire to obtain Microsoft certifications.
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.