AIS is seeking a Junior SharePoint Analyst to collaborate with our Federal clients and our development teams to assist with application support and maintenance initiatives! We're seeking technical professionals who are passionate about technology with an interest in learning SharePoint. These technologists must have the ability to obtain a security clearance and have the ability to commute to various client sites throughout the DC metro area including downtown DC.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus with “Cloud Services”, “Agile Business Automation”, Enterprise IT Services” and “DevOps”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
· Assist with creating solutions from SharePoint “out of the box” functionality while learning best practices
· Serve as the client contact for SharePoint support functions
· Obtain a minimum of a security clearance in order to access DoD locations and networks.
· Provide full-time presence at the customer site in DC, Alexandria and the Pentagon
· Eventually serve as the onsite technical and functional liaison for SharePoint portal solutions
· Partner with various project managers, technical leaders and clients to define projects
· Organize tasks and meet delivery goals
· Help facilitate SharePoint adoption by end users
· Become a subject matter expert for SharePoint usability and improvements to the current application
· Contribute in improving our processes and policies within the SharePoint program
· Support and maintain existing SharePoint applications including monitor and resolve user requests
Profile of Success:
· Utilize Bachelor's Degree and 1 to 2 years of experience in web technology to support web-based portal solution
· Extensive client-facing consulting experience
· Previous IT ticketing experience such as Remedy required
Strongly Desired Skills:
· Previous requirements analysis and development, change management and solution implementation experience
· Ability to identify and prioritize issues
· Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work independently and solve problems. Passion and energy to get the job done
Desired SharePoint Skills:
· Demonstrated ability to synthesize business requirements into system functionality within the SharePoint framework
· Experience with SharePoint configuration through the web UI
· Experience in the implementation of SharePoint collaboration tools (forums/issue lists, document/form libraries, etc.) and the ability to seamlessly integrate with other Microsoft tools
· SharePoint specific required skills (through the web UI): customizing web parts and web part pages; creating sites, document libraries, lists and views; search and taxonomies; Office/InfoPath integration; and reporting functions
· In-depth knowledge of SharePoint 2010 and 2013 platforms
· Experience with SharePoint branding to include creating and editing graphics and master pages
Other Desirable Skills:
· Experience with Photoshop (or equivalent) and knowledge of various graphical formats
· Design and development of InfoPath forms
· Experience with Dreamweaver
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.