AIS is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer for an exciting cloud migration project with a long-standing federal client! This is an opportunity to utilize your systems engineering and data center expertise and leadership experience by assisting with moving on premise traditional infrastructure solutions to the cloud while serving as a Team Lead on a Federal initiative! The ideal candidate must possess at least an Interim DoD Secret Clearance and have the ability to commute onsite to the client in Alexandria, Virginia 100% of the time given the collaboration efforts with the client and the team.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Utilize previous knowledge of systems and infrastructure architecture to create a strong core for application development.
- Draw on at least four to eight years of systems engineering experience to assist with the core infrastructure for both internal projects and external projects for our clients.
- Implement AIS cloud infrastructure solution offerings based on public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid customer environments.
- Assist with managing the network as the team performs a lift and shift of the SharePoint and infrastructure environment.
- Responsible for DoD infrastructure security initiatives including STIGS, ACAS and HBSS.
- Collaborate with members of the development team and project managers to translate infrastructure and DevOps requirements to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations.
- Use knowledge of Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, DNS, LAN/WAN, IP addressing, and systems administration to complete a variety of projects.
- Utilize consulting and documentation skills to successfully complete project-based work.
- Be open to commuting around the DC Metro area in order to be present at client sites for work including Alexandria, Virginia.
- Must maintain a minimum of an Interim DoD Secret security clearance in order to gain access to client sites and networks.
Profile of Success:
- Utilize Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and 4-8 years of experience in systems engineering to design platforms to support developers.
- Use in-depth experience with networks, systems, and client-facing skills to create innovative business solutions.
- Experience with Windows, Desired State Configuration, SQL Server, SharePoint Server, Application Support, PowerShell scripting and virtualization.
- Previous DoD infrastructure and security exposure required.
- Experience with disaster recovery efforts for IT.
- Must be able to articulate technical requirements and serve as a Project Manager to Developers in a sprint format, within an agile environment.
- Must have the ability to obtain a CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Previous cloud infrastructure experience, preferably with Azure or AWS and cloud concepts such as SaaS, PaaS, DaaS, and IaaS is a plus
- Experience using Visual Studio and Git repositories
- Acquired Microsoft certifications, especially MCSE
- Previous work on projects using Agile approaches such as Scrum
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
Clearance and Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer and/or government security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance, customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination. The successful candidate must be eligible for and maintain a U.S. Government Secret/Top Secret Clearance.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.