AIS is currently seeking .NET Architects with solid Microsoft development and architecture experience using .NET technologies several projects! We're seeking technical professionals who are passionate about development. In addition, individuals will require the ability to commute to various client sites throughout the DC metro area including Chevy Chase, MD.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus with “Cloud Services“, “Agile Business Automation”, “Enterprise IT Services” and “DevOps”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Collaborate with other smart AIS employees and stakeholder using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging development solutions and
- implement best practices.
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing and recommending solutions to enterprise business applications.
- Utilize problem-solving and decision making skills to understand client pain points and to self-troubleshoot as challenges arise.
- Lead other members of the development team and work with project managers to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations while meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Largely work in an agile environment with participation in daily stand-ups/scrum with iterative development.
- Manage and analyze test planning and execution to include performing and unit testing.
- Collaborate with analysts to gather requirements and provide solutions
- Develop design artifacts for .NET based solutions using object oriented analysis and design techniques and UML notations and tools to participate in overall solution architecture.
- Lead with building POC's for clients and working with proposal teams.
Profile of Success:
- Experience with SOA, REST, ESB and general industry specific design principles and frameworks.
- Experience with and understanding of onshore/offshore combination
- In-depth understanding of event driven architecture, enterprise architecture principles and messaging based patterns.
- Experience with Team Foundation Services, including building and deploying web-based applications
- Extensive experience implementing asynchronous systems integration with messaging technology.
- Extensive experience with Object Oriented Programming and use of design patterns.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Understanding of systems engineering and administration within a Windows environment.
- Previous exposure to technologies including Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and cloud such as Microsoft Azure and Office 365 and AWS.
- Acquired Microsoft certifications, especially MCSD or MCPD.
- Desire to blog or present internally on technical topics.
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.