AIS is currently seeking a Program Manager to support a Federal client! We're seeking a project management professional who is passionate about managing enterprise scale, cutting-edge technology projects to oversee a multimillion-dollar effort!
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in cloud technologies, custom application development, user experience and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus with “Cloud Services” , “Agile Business Automation”, Enterprise IT Services” and “DevOps”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Serve as the primary liaison and client point of contact for a program in order to meet long term goals and objectives throughout the program life cycle.
- Implement strategy to positively impact the business and deliver a successful program.
- Manage stakeholder communication.
- Follow AIS project management process of project initiation, planning, execution and closure to formally oversee and manage multiple engagements.
- Directly manage project managers and indirectly manage a team of delivery staff members across several engagements to include standing up teams, utilization and providing direction and guidance as necessary, etc.
- Ability to track and manage all program/project deliverables and financials including progress, risks and resolving issues.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to identify areas of improvement and turn them into solid areas of development.
- Responsible for program management plans including scheduling, progress reporting, cost control, organization and manpower planning, contract administration, developing work breakdown structures, performance analysis, technical risk analysis, financial planning, quality assurance, and quality control on all submitted deliverables.
- Maintain situational awareness of overall program activities and serving as the primary escalation point for the client within AIS.
- Identify opportunities and collaborate with the Account Executive to generate leads and contribute SOWs/proposals to close opportunities.
- Experience with growing the skills and capabilities of staff members and overcome delivery challenges, forging relationships with customers, and delighting customers.
- Overall successful delivery of AIS contracts
- Ability to exceed client expectations and reduce/eliminate surprises by enacting sound program management best practices that ensure that problems are not repetitively incurred.
Profile of Success:
- Utilize Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, 7+ years of program/project management experience to manage multiple projects.
- Successful and proven experience leading delivery efforts
- Previous exposure with Cloud Technologies (Azure is a plus).
- Previous federal and/or military experience interacting with senior government officials.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Familiarity with government budgeting process, managing government contracts and FAR
- Ability to commute and/or travel around the Dayton, Ohio and DC metro areas to work onsite with clients as needed.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret and Top Secret Security Clearance required
- IT Service Management experience
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Previous federal and/or military background a plus
- Master’s degree a plus
- Experience with IDIQ style contracts a plus
- Program Management Professional Certification a plus (PgMP)
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia)
* Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.