AIS is seeking Secret Cleared Software Engineers to provide software development solutions for a Federal customer and several enterprise level application assessments. This is an opportunity to serve as a Software Engineer to solve client’s business problems and technical challenges as an AIS Consultant and Adviser! The ideal candidate will possess an active Secret Clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret along with the ability to commute to client site in Quantico, Virginia.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters, so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience“. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Draw on at least three years of .NET development experience including C#, ASP.NET, .NET MVC to create custom applications for our clients.
- Collaborate with other smart AIS employees using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems.
- Build elegant, scalable, extensible, cost effective solutions with an eye towards innovation and agility.
- Utilize problem-solving and decision-making skills to understand client pain points and to self- troubleshoot as challenges arise.
- Collaborate with other members of the development team and project managers to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations while meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Largely work in an agile environment with participation in daily stand-ups/scrum with iterative development.
- Design, write, unit test, and document application code to successfully deliver project-based work.
Profile of Success:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and 3 years of experience with .NET technologies (C#, ASP.NET, .NET MVC) to develop software solutions.
- Experience with object–oriented design and development.
- Experience with abstraction, advanced techniques, best practices, and design patterns.
- Must maintain a minimum of a DoD Secret security clearance in order to gain access to client sites and networks.
- Experience with using AngularJS or other SPA architectures.
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
Clearance and Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer and/or government security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance, customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination. The successful candidate must be eligible for and maintain a U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.