Our Commercial Practice is currently seeking a Senior Cloud Application Support Technician to provide a high level of performance for a long standing, commercial client! We're seeking technical professionals with the ability to be 100% onsite at either of our corporate offices located in Reston, Virginia or Columbia, Maryland and commute to Chevy Chase, Maryland to visit the client side as needed.
AIS ( http://www.appliedis.com ) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus with “Cloud Services”, “Agile Business Automation”, “Enterprise IT Services” and “DevOps”. But what really sets up apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Provide Cloud-based Application Support to Our Client!
- Provide team leadership to coordinate incident response efforts, review team member deliverables for quality, ensure follow-through on customer requests, mentor junior team members in procedures.
- Monitor dashboards for several critical and massively large-scale cloud applications for performance metrics such as CPU load, memory utilization, application errors, etc.
- Respond to alerts triggered by automated systems by performing basic functional checks, reviewing dashboard for application triggering alerts, reaching SMEs and opening incident calls.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to troubleshoot, determine the nature of the problem and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Interact with clients, other members of the team and project managers in a positive manner to deliver on-time and above standard solutions for our clients.
- Use knowledge of network support, servers, applications and systems to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Enter all pertinent information into the database and document the solution or status of the incident call to comprehensively follow through on all issues.
- Have a strong desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth.
- Be an effective communicator in both written and verbal modes to clearly describe current application health, incident support status, application troubleshooting steps, and shift transition handoff.
- Be open to being on-site 100% of time at client, metro accessible location in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
- Be available for extended support hours, including some shift, weekend and holiday work.
Profile of Success:
- Utilize comprehensive knowledge of web applications, server performance and networks, to support and provide diagnostics.
- Use 1 -3 years of experience in Information Technology with 2+ years of experience within a help-desk or technical support environment to support technical solutions.
- Use organizational, detail-oriented personality, and ethical behavior to interact daily with client services team.
Other Desirables (but not mandatory):
- Knowledge of Microsoft cloud Azure.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell or VBA
- Previous team leadership responsibilities
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/ consultants/ problem solvers/ builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental for the employee; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.