AIS is seeking Cloud Platform professionals for our Cloud Engineer opportunities! This is an opportunity to utilize your cloud expertise for a new federal effort for AIS. An Active DoD Secret Clearance is required along with the ability to commute throughout the DC metro area as well as open to occasional travel to Austin, Texas.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Draw on at least 10 years of cloud engineering experience to assist with the core infrastructure for both internal and external projects for our clients as the technical liaison.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert, providing advice and counsel to Senior Program Managers and the client to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations.
- Plan, design and evaluate new and existing environments including local area networks, wide area networks, intranets and internets.
- Implements network policies and procedures and ensures network integrity.
- Troubleshoots network issues/installs and upgrades network equipment and software.
- Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory including technical specifications.
- Establishes voice and network standards regarding new technologies and applications.
- Monitors and tests network performance and provides network performance statistics and reports.
- Utilize consulting and documentation skills to successfully complete project-based work.
- Implement AIS cloud infrastructure solution offerings based on public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid customer environments.
- Be open to commuting in and around the DC Metro area in order to be present at client sites for work.
- Must maintain a minimum of a DoD Secret security clearance in order to gain access to client sites and networks.
Profile of Success:
- 10 years of experience in systems engineering to design cloud platforms
- Utilize Master's degree in related field
- Use in-depth experience with networks, systems, and client-facing skills to create innovative business solutions
- Experience with the Cloud, Windows/SQL Server, Application Support, PowerShell scripting and virtualization
- Desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth.
- Must be well versed on general infrastructure technology and have an understanding of public and private cloud concepts such as SaaS, PaaS, DaaS, and IaaS.
- Possess DoD 8570 security certification
Other Desirable Skills:
- Acquired Microsoft certifications, especially MCSE
- Some project management experience
- Experience with disaster recovery efforts for IT
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
Clearance and Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer and/or government security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance, customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination. The successful candidate must be eligible for and maintain a U.S. Government Secret/Top Secret Clearance.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.