AIS is seeking Senior Data Center Logistics Technicians to support a Data Center IT Operations environment! We're seeking technical professionals who are passionate about data center operations and logistics, possess an active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly Clearance and can commute to client sites throughout the DC metro area including Northern Virginia.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus with “Cloud Services”, “Agile Business Automation”, Enterprise IT Services” and “DevOps”. But what really sets up apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Work in a team with other smart AIS employees using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems
- Conducts research, design, development, and testing of information processing hardware such as computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems, and electrical components
- Designs new or modifies existing products, develops technical specifications for production, analyzes hardware configuration and processing solutions, and tests hardware conformance to specifications
- Perform high volume/low impact tasks such as shipping/receiving, inventory management, tracking and staging per standard process, stocking deliveries in an organized manner and preparation of outbound shipments
- Contribute to improvements on global processes and tooling
Profile of Success:
- 2 years of relevant experience in a logistics and/or data center environment
- Possesses an advanced-level understanding of Microsoft Data Center IT Operations/Logistics environments
- Knowledge of the software tools utilized to perform day to day data center functions including expert understanding of Microsoft Dynamic AX Client
- Must maintain a minimum of a TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly Security Clearance in order to gain access to client sites and networks
- Ability to commute throughout the DC metro area including Northern Virginia to work onsite with clients as needed
Other Desirable Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Obtained APICS CPIM (Certified Production and Inventory Management)
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let's face it, there is always something new to learn!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.