AIS is currently seeking Software Architect Mentors in Indianapolis, Indiana for a new development Center of Excellence for a commercial client! We're seeking technical professionals who are passionate about software engineering, development and architecture with solid Microsoft architecture experience using .NET technologies! You will undergo comprehensive training through the Cloud Academy, an Azure training program, where you will obtain the knowledge and technical skills necessary for Microsoft Azure and eventually assist with mentoring peers and Junior Developers!
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Complete an extensive Azure training and mentorship program where you will obtain the skills and experience necessary to be a successful Azure Developer.
- Collaborate with other smart AIS employees/architects and stakeholder using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging development solutions and implement best practices/techniques.
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing and recommending solutions to enterprise business applications.
- Utilize problem-solving and decision making skills to understand client pain points and to self-troubleshoot as challenges arise.
- Lead other members of the development team and work with project managers and technical leads to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations while meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Largely work in an agile environment with participation in daily stand-ups/scrum with iterative development
- Manage and analyze test planning and execution to include performing and unit testing.
- Develop design artifacts for .NET based solutions using object oriented analysis and design techniques and UML notations and tools to participate in overall solution architecture.
- Lead with building POC's for clients and working with proposal teams.
Profile of Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and 6+ years of experience with .NET technologies (Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, WCF, Web API, LINQ, SOAP and REST) to envision and architect software solutions.
- Experience with SOA, REST, ESB and general industry specific design principles and frameworks.
- In-depth understanding of event driven architecture, enterprise architecture principles and messaging based patterns.
- Strong desire to keep technical skills current as new technologies emerge including willingness to learn cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Understanding of systems engineering and administration within a Windows environment.
- Previous exposure to technologies including Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and cloud such as Microsoft Azure and Office 365 and AWS.
- Acquired Microsoft certifications, especially MCSD or MCPD.
- Desire to blog or present internally on technical topics.
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.