AIS is currently seeking Secret Cleared Software Testers to support our various Federal clients! We're seeking technical professionals who are passionate about software testing and quality assurance, possess an active DOD Secret Clearance and can commute to sites throughout the DC metro area including downtown DC.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus with “Cloud Services” , “Agile Business Automation”, “Enterprise IT Services” and “DevOps”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
· Attend daily Scrum meetings to understand the project due dates, deliverables and deadlines
· Develop new and update existing test cases to include test acceptance criteria
· Peer review of test cases, provide feedback and updates as needed
· Execute test cases assigned within a sprint cycle
· Document test findings (Bugs, CRs, etc …)
· Perform cross browser testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari)
· Provide automation testing, mobile testing, load testing and regression testing in support of the system
· Perform ad hoc testing of the system
· Conduct smoke testing of the system after each build
· Work with developers to have bugs/issues addressed and resolved
· Possess understanding of functionality of the system and the requirements within the user stories
· Assistance in preparing test deliverables
· Assist as needed in other functional areas of the project including training and analysis
Profile of Success:
· Utilize Bachelor's Degree and previous software testing/training experience
· Use knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, Project, Configuration Management to lead to successful test execution
· Maintain a minimum of DoD Secret security clearance in order to access client locations and networks
· Knowledge of Visual Studio 2013 is a plus
Other Desirable Skills:
· Previous training and/or analysis experience preferred
· Strong desire to cross train in various software application functions including training and analysis
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem-solvers/builders – all wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies claim that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and the local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build upon our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can continue to build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let's face it, there is always something new to learn!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are base solely on qualifications, merit and business need.