AIS is seeking a Technical Manager to support our various commercial clients as a Lead Consultant. We’re seeking a solid, proven technical professional who is passionate about Microsoft technologies and client satisfaction!
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus with “Cloud Services”, “Agile Business Automation”, Enterprise IT Services” and “DevOps”. But what really sets up apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Work in a team with other smart AIS employees using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing the project budget.
- Provide an efficient working atmosphere to project teams and ensure objectives are met within stipulated time
- Provides oversight to ensure that all the resources have been tasked and track future availability by creating Project Portfolio
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
- Own the communication and execution of solution hand-over to client services, service delivery, technology and other team members at designated milestones.
- Facilitates meetings to provide overall project goals and objectives, timelines, deliverables, production support activities
- Assesses staffing levels, and initiates recruiting and interviewing procedures
- Conduct performance reviews of team members and identify areas of improvement, give feedback and recommendations for promotions or salary increments
- Sets team goals and assigns project tasks, coordinating activities with customer-defined priorities
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
Profile of Success:
- Utilize Bachelor’s Degree and previous technical leadership and project management experience developing custom software applications for client engagements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and Project to create innovative business solutions
- Use an iterative approach to complete project-based work.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience with SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics CRM or comparable technologies
- Exposure with cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS
- Desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Knowledge of agile processes (Scrum / Kanban)
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let's face it, there is always something new to learn!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.