AIS is currently seeking a Technical Project Manager! We're seeking a technical professional who is passionate about software processes and can help design and develop custom applications on the Microsoft stack.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters, so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help with Delivering Successful Projects!
- Experience with providing directions on delivery management for applications, working with vendors and integration team to track delivery and works in conjunction with different business teams to obtain sign off for product rollouts.
- Tracks the status of issues raised during various cycles of testing and ensure they are highlighted appropriately to management.
- Ability to collaborates with strategic business decisions, formulates and implements strict budgets and measures to increase efficiency and manage costs.
- Utilizes problem-solving skills to identify areas of improvement and turn them into solid areas of development.
- Defines project scope, come up with development strategy, execution of schedule.
- Defines the protocols and policies around the project in order to help the team understand clearly what is expected from them and how it will be achieved.
- Defines project baselines, measures project progress, status reporting of the project, finding faults and take corrective measures to overcome loopholes causing project delay.
- Responsible for team formation, infrastructure, and resource planning, timeline, and execution strategy.
- Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and build strong bonding with the clients.
Profile of Success:
- Utilize Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, 5+ years of software experience with recent in-depth experience with Cloud Technologies (Azure is a plus) and 3 years of project management experience to manage projects developing software applications.
- Use experience in running a custom application development engagement on the Microsoft technology platform, knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, and Project to create innovative business solutions.
- Use an iterative approach to complete project-based work.
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants' assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with our commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key and something we highly value in our people.
Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer and/or government security screening/badging requirements are required for this role.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem-solvers/builders – all wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies claim that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and the local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build upon our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can continue to build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision and dental health insurance for the employee; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let's face it, there is always something new to learn!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.