AIS is seeking a Technical Project Manager to oversee a commercial client and several enterprise level application assessments as the Project Manager and Scrum Master. This is an opportunity to serve as a Technical Project Manager to solve this client's business problems and technical challenges as an AIS Consultant and Adviser! The ideal candidate will have the ability to commute to various client sites throughout the DC metro area including our office in Columbia, Maryland.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters, so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help With Delivering Successful Projects!
- Use independent thought and problem-solving skills to lead and negotiate cost proposals and project-level statements of work (SOW) in order to successfully complete full life cycle software development projects.
- Follow project management process of project initiation, planning, execution, and closure to formally complete all projects in an above standard manner. Use mentoring abilities to manage 10+ employees.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to identify areas of improvement and turn them into solid areas of development.
- Manage many different projects simultaneously to deliver on time solutions to clients.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, supporting Marketing and Sales, to result in new business captures. Interact with other members of the Development team and the Executive team.
- Use knowledge of Agile process methodologies to perform requirements gathering and documentation to ensure a positive experience for all clients.
Profile of Success:
- Utilize Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, 5+ years of software experience with recent in-depth experience with Cloud Technologies (Azure is a plus) and 3 years of project management experience to manage projects developing software applications.
- Use experience in running a custom application development engagement on the Microsoft technology platform, knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, and Project to create innovative business solutions.
- Use an iterative approach to complete project-based work.
- The ideal candidate would possess an active clearance however the ability to obtain a minimum of a DoD Secret or Top Secret security clearance in order to gain access to client sites and networks is required.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants' assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with our commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key and something we highly value in our people.
Clearance and Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer and/or government security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance, customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination. The successful candidate must be eligible for and maintain a U.S. Government Secret/Top Secret Clearance.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem-solvers/builders – all wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies claim that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and the local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build upon our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can continue to build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision and dental health insurance for the employee; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let's face it, there is always something new to learn!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are base solely on qualifications, merit and business need.