AIS is currently seeking a Cleared Technical Project Manager to support various Federal clients throughout the DC metro area! We're seeking a project management professional who is passionate about managing enterprise scale, cutting-edge technology projects to serve as an AIS Engagement Manager! This Project Manager must possess a DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance in order to gain client access onsite.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in cloud technologies, custom application development, user experience and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus with “Cloud Services” , “Agile Business Automation”, Enterprise IT Services” and “DevOps”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Follow project management process of project initiation, planning, execution and closure to formally complete all projects in an above standard manner. Use mentoring abilities to manage 10+ employees.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to identify areas of improvement and turn them into solid areas of development.
- Ability to understand the contract, to include its scope, requirements, and service level agreements.
- Ability to track all project deliverables and to ensure documented receipt and acceptance of those deliverables by the customer.
- Create and manage spend plans to ensure work is completed on time and on budget, while maintaining agreed-upon profit margins.
- Periodically review risks and spend plans with the Account Executive, as necessary.
- Maintain situational awareness of day-to-day activities on the ground and serving as the first escalation point for the client within AIS.
- Identify opportunities and collaborate with the Account Executive to generate leads and create SOWs/proposals to close opportunities.
- Ability to serves the client with integrity, thoroughly prepares before any interaction with a client, and recognizes the need to work around client’s schedules.
- Experience with supporting and growing the skills and capabilities of delivery staff members and overcome delivery challenges, forging relationships with customers, and delighting customers.
- Ability to exceed client expectations and reduce or eliminate surprises by enacting sound program management that ensure that problems are never repetitively incurred.
Profile of Success:
- Utilize Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, 5+ years of software experience with recent in-depth experience with Cloud Technologies (Azure is a plus) and 3 years of project management experience to manage projects developing software applications.
- Use experience in running a custom application development engagement on the Microsoft technology platform, knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, and Project to create innovative business solutions.
- Use an iterative approach to complete project-based work.
- Experience with managing contract details, including estimating, scheduling, budgeting, profitability, issue resolution, and authoring proposals/statements of work.
- Maintain a minimum of DoD Secret or Top Secret security clearance in order to access client locations and networks.
- Ability to commute around the entire DC metro area including downtown DC and Northern Virginia to work onsite with clients as needed.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia)
* Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.