AIS is seeking a Technical Writer to support a new federal client! We're seeking a technical professional who is passionate about technical writing . Ideally, this individual would possess an active DOD Security Clearance and the ability to commute to client sites throughout the DC metro area including Arlington, Virginia .
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects !
- Work in a team with other smart AIS employees using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems
- Provide Technical Writing and documentation for Azure based solutions
- Facilitate interviews with software development and infrastructure teams to capture project and environment data for documentation
- Ensure quality assurance of deliverables by providing editorial support as needed
- Create Life Cycle Management templates for the defined governance process
- Use in-depth technical experience and client-facing skills to create innovative guides, manuals, and documentation for our clients and internal projects
- Ensure CMMI II documentation is in place
- Ability to commute daily to a client locations throughout the DC metro area
Profile of Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2 years of experience in technical writing
- Previous experience with object-oriented technologies to develop software requirements, design, and control documents
- Previous background collaborating within a full life cycle development setting
- Familiarity with CMMi-2 Dev and CMMi-3 Dev
- Use an iterative approach to complete project-based work
Other Desirable Skills:
- Microsoft certifications, especially MCSA or MCAD
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let's face it, there is always something new to learn!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.