AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus. But what really sets up apart? Simply put – our people.
Currently our team is seeking someone with user experience design skills and capabilities, analytical skills and creative ideas to contribute towards the user experience design efforts of our project engagements.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
Our customers have big challenges and we help them by bringing the best combination of technology and people to build the right solutions. We hire for a mindset and a desire to be innovative. Our team delivers the solution the customer needs and uses new technologies and disciplined agility to do this as efficiently as possible.
Below is a summary of how a user experience consultant would help the team:
· Bring the discipline of the Human Centered design process to a variety of projects, including responsive web sites,
intranet sites, and business applications.
· Contribute to a number of agile teams serving different customers.
· Participate in the entire lifecycle of multiple projects – from conception to delivery, through multiple iterations
· Iterate and improve designs with a data-driven approach.
· Advise customers on how to design and implement information architecture and usability features.
Profile of Success:
· A sound understanding of today’s web and the challenges its brings, including (but not limited to) designing for
multiple devices and creating truly accessible sites and applications.
· Have a passion for building better products; evangelize for the User at every opportunity and help your team
members, managers and stakeholders understand why these design choices are important.
· Recognize and implement appropriate Human Centered Design techniques at each phase of the project (i.e. card
sorting, user interviews, questionnaires, usability tests, A/B tests).
· Conceptualize and articulate complex ideas, then communicate those ideas to team members, managers and
stakeholders through appropriate
assets (i.e. sketches, wireframes, prototypes, documentation, spreadsheets, site maps, user flows, personas).
· Possess a strong foundation in design principles and methodology that can be translated into visual designs and
standards for sites and applications.
· Ability to use efficient and effective tools for creating comps and wireframes.
· Interested in staying current with the latest technologies to modernize and improve your workflow.
· Are familiar with the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web industry that enable you to meet requirements
and produce project assets.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Understanding of common software project management practices.
· Understanding of common software development practices, including Agile.
· Maintain DOD Secret clearance in order to gain access to client sites and networks.
Other Desirable Skills:
· Formal education (Bachelor’s) in cognitive sciences, interaction design, new media design or related design field.
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.