AIS is currently seeking a talented User Experience Researcher to join our Dayton, OH office!
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
- Ability to work closely with our development teams to define, plan and build complex applications for our enterprise, commercial and government clients.
- Demonstrate experience in UX that spans two or three different disciplines, such as User Research, Information Architecture, Content Strategy, Interaction Design, Visual Design and/or UI Development.
- Ability to work closely with clients to define, test, validate and document user requirements through iterative research methods and processes.
Profile of Success:
- Utilize at least 3 years of design experience, ideally across industries and sectors.
- Lead clients and project teams through discovery to explore problem definition, build strategies and plan for comprehensive, user-centered solutions.
- Ability to gather, document and manage requirements with a user-centered approach and navigate different points of view, objectives, and needs.
- Identify opportunities for user research and be able to make recommendations on the most effective methods for exploring and better understanding the problem at hand.
- Prepare and facilitate meetings, workshops, focus groups and interviews with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and users.
- Design and run usability tests, collect feedback and report findings.
- Conceptualize and articulate complex ideas to clients, team members and managers through appropriate assets (i.e. sketches, wireframes, prototypes, documentation, spreadsheets, site maps, user flows, personas) and articulate best practices in usability, interaction, and visual design.
- Knowledge of industry tools for creating documentation and assets to capture and communicate ideas (i.e. Balsamiq, Axure, InVision, Adobe Experience Design, Sketch, Visio, Lucid Charts, etc.).
- Familiar with the latest trends and methods in the industry, and have a strong understanding of different mindsets that enable teams to be innovative and successful, like Design Thinking, Lean and Agile.
- Understanding of common software project management practices.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Professional knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG) and the refreshed Section 508 Accessibility standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree related to Interaction Design, Human Factors, Interactive Media, Design (Graphic, Industrial) or equivalent.
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
Clearance and Background Check Requirement: The successful candidate must be eligible for a U.S. Government Secret/Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet AIS, customer and/or government security screening and/or badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance, customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.