Now Hiring an User Experience (UX) Designer
Secret Clearance required
As an User Experience (UX) Designer, you will use UX technologies such as Balsamiq, Axure, Adobe Experience Design, and more to provide support and power the design experience for our clients. You will use Agile and Design Thinking to provide interactive designs and user-centered solutions. Must be able to commute to Dayton, Ohio and Wright Patterson AFB. Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Ability to work with clients to define, test, validate and document user requirements through iterative research methods and processes.
- Ability to work closely with our development teams to define, plan and build complex applications for our enterprise, commercial and government clients.
- Demonstrate experience in UX that spans two or three different disciplines, such as User Research, Content Strategy, Interaction Design, Visual Design and/or UI Development.
Profile of Success:
- Comfortable working on a lean team where the UX person does a bit of everything including training, requirements gathering, mentoring developers and clients on User Centered Design.
- Use your 5+ years of experience in usability, human factors in software design or user experience research and design.
- Experience with the DoD highly desired
- A TS/SCI highly desired, must be able to hold a government security clearance
- Experience doing prototyping and wireframes with Axure or similar tool
- Experience conducting task analysis with end users in order to develop detailed functional requirements
- Experience developing user questionnaires
- Experience presenting designs and information in written and oral form
- Experience with training end users a plus
- Experience working in an agile software development space a plus
- Proven ability to take a high-level functional requirement and design user story with user-centric acceptance criteria
Other Desirable Skills:
- Professional knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG) and the refreshed Section 508 Accessibility standards.
- Understanding of Change Management principles & practices, and how the practice can intersect with User Experience Design.
- Bachelor’s Degree related to Interaction Design, Interactive Media, Information Architecture, Library Sciences, Human Factors, Design (Graphic, Industrial) or equivalent.
- Client Site Locations: Dayton, OH.
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Ready to Be Part of the AIS Team?
If AIS sounds like the kind of place you’d like to grow into your dream job, take the first step and click on the button below to apply.
- After applying, you’ll hear from an AIS Talent Associate via email and/or phone
- Next, one of your future peers will conduct a technical assessment to evaluate your capabilities
- Then, you’ll have an opportunity to meet our team