Our User Experience Practice is seeking an User Experience (UX) Engineer with front-end, web development experience in technologies such as HTML & CSS! To be successful, this professional should have user experience design skills and capabilities, analytical skills and creative ideas to contribute towards the user experience design efforts of our project engagements.
AIS ( http://www.appliedis.com ) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders in our areas of focus with “Application Development”, “Cloud Services”, “CRM & Automation”, “Data & Analytics”, “DevOps”, “Emerging Technologies”, “Managed Services”, “Productivity & Collaboration” and “User Experience”. But what really sets us apart? Simply put – our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
Our customers have big challenges and we help them by bringing the best combination of technology and people to build the right solutions. We hire for a mindset and a desire to be innovative. Our team delivers the solution the customer needs and uses new technologies and disciplined agility to do this as efficiently as possible.
- Combine technical know-how with a passion and understanding for usability and design.
- Demonstrate experience in UX that includes UI Development, with an understanding of other disciplines like Interaction Design and Visual Design.
- Work across multiple teams to meet the needs of different clients with a focus on providing a sound user experience.
- Work closely with teams to define, plan and build complex applications for our clients, from conception to delivery, through multiple iterations.
Profile of Success:
- Utilize at least 3 years of development and design experience, ideally across industries and sectors.
- In-depth experience with HTML and CSS, including using a pre-processor for CSS Development.
- Collaborate with business analysts, team leads and clients throughout the project lifecycle to understand requirements and translate them into user-centered solutions.
- Conceptualize and articulate complex ideas to clients, team members, and managers through appropriate assets (i.e. sketches, wireframes, prototypes or design comps)
- Present, educate and execute on best practices in usability and interaction design.
- Familiarity with industry tools for creating documentation and visual assets (i.e. Balsamiq, Axure, Adobe Experience Design or Photoshop).
- Familiar with the latest trends, methods, and tools in the industry.
- Have a strong understanding of the different mindsets that enable teams to be innovative and successful, like Design Thinking, Lean and Agile.
- Understanding of common software project management practices.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Professional knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG) and the refreshed Section 508 Accessibility standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree related to Computer Science, Interaction Design, Interactive Media, Design (Graphic, Industrial) or equivalent.
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants’ assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
Background Check Requirement: Ability to meet AIS, customer security screening/badging requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate customer screening, badging and/or background check requirements may result in revocation of an offer or employment action up to and including termination.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders – all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from and let’s face it, there’s always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by the law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.