Now Hiring a User Experience (UX) Engineer
Ability to hold an Interim Secret Clearance required
- Combine technical know-how with a passion and understanding for usability and design.
- Demonstrate experience in UX that includes UI Development, plus other disciplines like Interaction Design and Visual Design.
- Work across multiple teams to meet the needs of different clients with a focus on providing a sound user experience.
- Work closely with teams to define, plan and build complex applications for our government clients, from conception to delivery, through multiple iterations.
Profile of Success:
- Utilize at least 3 years of development and design experience, ideally across industries and sectors.
- Previous SharePoint 2019 development experience required.
- Collaborate with business analysts, team leads and clients throughout the project lifecycle to understand requirements and translate them into user-centered solutions.
- Conceptualize and articulate complex ideas to clients, team members and managers through appropriate assets (i.e. sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and design comps)
- Present, educate and execute on best practices in usability, interaction and visual design.
- Familiarity with industry tools for creating documentation and visual assets to (i.e. Balsamiq, Axure, Adobe Experience Design, Photoshop).
- Familiar with the latest trends, methods and tools in the industry.
- Have a strong understanding of the different mindsets that enable teams to be innovative and successful, like Design Thinking, Lean and Agile.
- Understanding of common software project management practices.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Professional knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG) and the refreshed Section 508 Accessibility standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree related to Computer Science, Interaction Design, Interactive Media, Design (Graphic, Industrial) or equivalent.
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to the community that has committed us to become a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Ready to Be Part of the AIS Team?
If AIS sounds like the kind of place you’d like to grow into your dream job, take the first step and click on the button below to apply.
Our application process is quick and easy:
- After applying, you’ll hear from an AIS Talent Associate via email and/or phone
- Next, one of your future peers will conduct a technical assessment to evaluate your capabilities
- Then, you’ll have an opportunity to meet our team
If your skill sets and qualifications align with our core capabilities, we’ll extend an offer for you to join our AIS Team!
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.