Create business applications that give you a competitive edge
When you need a new software solution for a business problem, you face two choices: buy or build? Buying a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) application is, of course, quicker, but only if the product meets most of your needs out of the box. If you customize an off-the-shelf product extensively, you may create a maintenance headache unless you treat it like a custom software project with a professional software development approach.
Building a program from scratch takes a little longer but gives you a solution that is tailor-made for your business. Software custom-made for your business can be both a competitive differentiator and a productivity booster across your organization. When you decide that you need to build a custom application, or deeply customize an off-the-shelf solution, turn to AIS. Custom application development is how we began and is still one of the things we do best.
Why seek outside application development help?
Companies that decide to build their own business applications often realize that they need help, for a number of reasons:
- You lack the in-house resources to build a new application.
- You lack the in-house resources to maintain legacy applications, some of which are still running on costly technology and blocking your ability to innovate.
- While you've embraced agile software development, you aren't yet fully realizing the benefits.
- You face thorny application integration issues.
Why turn to AIS:
- AIS can often rewrite legacy applications for modern platforms for less money than it costs to maintain those old applications. We understand both mainframe and modern cloud worlds and can elegantly bridge the two, putting you on new technologies that suit your current needs and prepare you for future business needs and technology trends.
- We can bring agile development principles into full flower in your organization, training your staff on DevOps principles, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), and other modern software development techniques so that your software is not only built faster but gets into production quickly.
- As a Managed Services Provider, AIS knows first-hand how important long-term application operations and maintenance is and will ensure that your application is transitioned properly to your own team or to your chosen Managed Service Provider.
- AIS takes a budget-driven approach to create solutions that build on cloud PaaS services, SaaS products such as Microsoft 365, and other commercial building blocks to drastically reduce development costs.
AIS will collaborate with you to produce initial estimate and timeline, define teams and roles, and establish an agile process that meets your needs.
Envisioning session. Application development with AIS may begin with an envisioning engagement. This short 3 to 4-week engagement is designed to reduce risk and thoroughly identify needs. AIS takes the time to deeply understand your business processes, problems, and constraints before writing a single line of code. We'll then create a detailed proposal that outlines the solution architecture, timeline, and budget.