Get new products & features into customers' hands sooner
DevOps is a software engineering methodology that unifies software development (Dev) and software operation (Ops). Instead of one team finishing their work and "handing it over the fence" to the other team, both teams work together, in tandem, with extensive levels of automation every step of the way.
The goal of DevOps is to speed up software development and create a continuous delivery model whereby software teams deliver new features to users every few hours, days, or weeks versus big intermittent releases that happen every few years or months. Companies are adopting DevOps out of competitive necessity; when your competition is enhancing their products on a weekly cadence, you need to, too. Are you ready if a startup disrupts your industry overnight?
Why adopt DevOps?
- Accelerate innovation. Using DevOps dramatically increases the pace of
innovation,because software teams can respond far faster to customer needs with new functionality.
- Improve reliability, usability, performance, and security. Because so much of the DevOps process is automated, software reliability improves. Testing is automated, which reduces bugs. Continuous performance improvement becomes part of the application development process. Adding usability and accessibility improvements based on user actions, allows development teams to release updates faster. Any security vulnerabilities discovered can be fixed and deployed faster.
- Move to a predictive development model. As the new-feature/customer-feedback loop tightens, organizations have much greater insight into how customers are using their products and what functionality they need and can deliver new features
beforecustomers even know they need them.
AIS has the application development experience, IT operations experience, and cultural change management skills that DevOps adoption requires. We have deep DevOps and Agile development expertise at the enterprise level and have helped many customers' development organizations successfully adopt these new practices. We can equip your staff with the technical skills, battle-tested processes, and tools needed to embrace continuous delivery improvement. You'll be able to measure your staff's progress in two very tangible ways: reduced development time and improved product quality.
If you're eager to modernize your software development practices, contact us today. We have multiple DevOps engagement options:
- DevOps assessment - preliminary DevOps discussion to identify engagement opportunities
- Delivery pipeline assessment - value stream mapping to map out business needs and identify five actionable things to do to get started and improve delivery
- Standardize or improve software integration process
- Migration to the cloud and build out a dev/test production environment
- Automated performance testing
- Assessment - staff augmentation and DevOps education (provide transparency, define roles, define roadmap and knowledge transfer)