In a previous blog post I discussed Windows Azure PaaS / IaaS hybrid scenarios. Together with my colleague Jack O’Connell (Infrastructure Specialist extraordinaire), we set up each of the four scenarios outlined in the previous post including:
- Using Windows Azure Virtual Network to provision a VPN to connect our on-premised infrastructure with a Windows Azure datacenter.
- Set up front-end and back-end subnets.
- Provision a set of Azure IaaS Virtual Machines and Azure Web Roles.
- Install System Center Monitoring Pack for Windows Azure Applications on Azure-based machines.
- Install System Center Operations on-premises in order to manage Azure-based resources.
Watch the following video for a quick walkthrough of the scenarios in action: