- Ensuring transaction consistency in a cloud environment.
- Wrestling with and winning against the fallacies of distributed computing
- Patterns: CQRS, Event Sourcing, Circuit Breaker, Bulk Head, Throttling
- Microservice vs SOA vs DDD
- Messaging vs HTTP what are some guidelines for handling
- DevOps how automated are you? What are challenges people face here
Agenda for the first meeting:
“What the Heck are Microservices?” by Steve Suing (AIS Architect)
The first meeting will dive head first into microservices. We’ll discuss the who, what, where, how, and when of MSA.
When microservices came out, I wanted to compare MSA with existing architectural patterns. I also wanted to see how MSA could help me decompose a big ball of mud. I’ve been studing MSA since it was coined by Martin Fowler
Here are the questions:
What’s Microservice Architecture?
What is a service?
Why do people say I can use whatever technology I want?
What are the Goals?
Should Business rules be centralized?
What the difference between SOA – DDD – Microservices?
How big is a service?
Why do we need another architecture?
What service owns the UI?
Which way do applications naturally align?
Are Microservices an open source thing?
When you leave this meeting microservices should be demystified. You should be able to evaluate what you are doing today against MSA architecture. Finally this is the tip of the iceberg and we’ll establish other areas of interest to people
5:00 – 6:15 People arrive – We’ll have some food
8:00 – 8:30 Wrap up.