- IIS Media Services 4.1
- Expression Encoder 4 with Service Pack 2
- There a couple of new changes/fixes done over SP1; you can read about them here.
What is Live Streaming?
- Enables adaptive streaming of live events to Smooth Streaming clients
- Communicates through HTTP to deliver live events
- As IIS Media Services Extension
- Adaption based on User Network Bandwidth
How Does it Work?
- Acquire will be the source of your input, like a webcam, screen capture, etc.
- Encode & Deliver will be done by the encoding tool (like Expression Encoder) which will perform the real-time encoding and send the streams to the IIS Media Services endpoint.
- On the Consume side you can have a Silverlight player/HTML5 page (for Apple) which can play the live stream in a smooth streaming way. More info on Smooth Stream can be found here.