In the eBook, Vishwas presents app solutions for different scenarios, with perspectives from a cast of characters which includes a power user, a developer, an administrator and an industry analyst. In these scenarios, the following questions will be answered:
• Why are apps needed?
• What nagging problems are they designed to solve?
• What kinds of apps can we expect to see in the marketplace?
• How will SharePoint apps be secured?
• What are the various revenue models supported?
• Would in-app purchases be allowed? What about ads?
• What is the difference between a public app store and a corporate app catalog?
“I decided to write a story about friends and co-workers and their day-to-day productivity challenges,” said Vishwas, “and how Office and SharePoint 2013 —combined with the cloud —will change the way they all do business.”
The eBook is available at Amazon.com, and is FREE during the SharePoint 2012 conference.
Lightning Talk: Experiences with Feature Focused Apps: At a recent Scrum.org gathering, trainer Ryan Cromwell presented a “lightning talk” about his work on feature focused apps. (cromwellhaus)