Custom application development that gives you a competitive edge.
When you need a new software solution for a business problem, you face two choices: buy or build? Buying a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) application is quicker, but only if the product meets most of your needs out-of-the-box. If you customize an off-the-shelf product, you may create a maintenance headache unless you treat it like a custom software project with a professional development approach.
Building a program from scratch takes a little longer but gives you a solution that is tailor-made for your business. Software custom-made for your business can be both a competitive differentiator and a productivity booster across your organization.
When you decide that you need to build a custom application, or deeply customize an off-the-shelf solution, turn to AIS. Custom application development is how we began and is still one of the things we do best.
Why Seek Outside Application Development Help?
Companies that decide to build their business applications often realize that they need help, for a number of reasons:
- You lack the in-house resources to build complex application development solutions.
- You lack the in-house resources to maintain legacy applications, some of which are still running on costly technology and blocking your ability to innovate.
- While you’ve embraced agile software development, you aren’t yet fully realizing the benefits.
- You face thorny application integration issues.
Why Turn to AIS?
- AIS can often rewrite legacy applications for modern platforms for less money than it costs to maintain those old applications. We understand both mainframe and modern cloud worlds and can elegantly bridge the two, putting you on new technologies that suit your current needs and prepare you for future business needs and technology trends.
- We can bring agile development principles into full flower in your organization, training your staff on DevOps principles, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), and other modern software development techniques so your software is not only built faster but gets into production quickly.
- As a Managed Services Provider, AIS knows first-hand how important long-term application operations and maintenance is and will ensure that your application is transitioned to your team or your chosen Managed Service Provider.
- AIS takes a budget-driven approach to create solutions that build on cloud PaaS services, SaaS products such as Microsoft 365, and other commercial building blocks to reduce development costs.
AIS will collaborate with you to produce an initial estimate and timeline, define teams and roles, and establish an agile process that meets your needs.
Envisioning session. Application development with AIS may begin with an envisioning engagement. This short 3 to 4-week engagement is designed to reduce risk and thoroughly identify needs. AIS takes the time to understand your business processes, problems, and constraints before writing a single line of code. We’ll then create a detailed proposal that outlines the solution architecture, timeline, and budget.
Not Sure Where to Start?
With decades of experience working in a wide range of industries, we’ve gained the necessary insight and expertise for the ever-shifting challenges you face.
From consulting to custom development, our team has your back. We’ll partner with you to learn the ins and outs of your business because we understand that each organization is unique. Together, we will address your goals and challenges, and work to create solutions that meet your needs.
Take the next step to accelerate innovation in your organization. Talk to an expert at AIS today.